An ACO tradition since 2002. ACO’s most “fun” fundraiser featuring art by over 200 artists, all 5″x5″ in size and with bids starting at $25. This is our 15th year celebrating local artists and will end with a soiree and auction on Thursday, October 26, 2017!
A Tiny but Mighty Fundraiser!
The Arts Center of the Ozarks is pleased to present our popular exhibition and fundraiser, the “Annual 5x5 Art Exhibition.” This year’s exhibition opens TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2017 and continues through OCTOBER 26, 2017.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Since 2002, the 5×5 has shined as an example of how artists can support their local arts organization while promoting their talents—last year artists from around the region generously donated over 250 works measuring 5” x 5” in a variety of media. These 5x5 works of art by all levels of artisans and creatives are exhibited for a month before they go on auction one night only, at a Jazz Soiree hosted by ACO.
The excitement and support from artists and the art-buying public for this unique event have been tremendous. In addition to raising funding for ACO, the 5×5 provides buyers with an opportunity to purchase quality, affordable art while providing artists the opportunity to display their talents before the thousands of art patrons who visit NWA area every year.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS/CREATIVE COMMUNITY
ACO will provide participating artists with a 5”x5” canvas (while supplies last) or artists are welcome to use their own canvas or surface.
Canvases are available May 1st and may be picked up at:
- Arts Center of the Ozarks 214 S Main Street Springdale AR, during operation hours (Tue – Friday 10am – 5pm Sat 10am – 3pm),
- Please print your name legibly on the back of your piece to help ensure we give you proper credit on the artist list.
- Hangers, such as hooks and wires, are NOT necessary, as our volunteers mount the canvases using the original stretcher bar.
- Donated works become the property of ACO.
- Unreturned canvases will be charged a $10 fee to cover the cost of the canvas
- Participating artists will receive 1 free ticket to the opening event ($15.00 value).
- Work may be disqualified if guidelines are not met.
- Add to it, subtract from it, alter it anyway you like but you must keep the core size 5x5
- Please complete the edges of your canvas
- Do not connect canvases together
- Please make sure any items attached to the canvas are firmly secured
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Saturday, September 23, 2017
The finished work may be returned to:
- Arts Center of the Ozarks, no later than 3 pm, Saturday, September 23, 2017.
- Pieces received after the deadline will be installed as space allows.
- Be sure to include your name, title of works, medium, email and phone number on the return canvas card provided to you
Thank you for supporting local art and artists!